Dr Paul Leff (Chair)
Foundation Governor since Full Governing Body meeting February 2020 with a term of office until February 2023
No interests to declare, no business or pecuniary interests, no material interests, no governance roles in other educational institutions.
I have been a member of St Gregory's RC Church Parish for 19 years. I have an academic background in theoretical pharmacology, and a professional career in pharmaceutical R&D. I have experience in senior industrial leadership roles, involving organisational transformation, performance improvement and change management. Away from work, I'm a keen musician, and have made contributions to a number of Parish events. I have served St Gregory's Church on the Social and Buildings & Maintenance sub-committees, and am a member of the Parish Council.
Association with the school
• Active Parish member
• Parent of children who attended St Gregory's and All Hallows'
• Familiarity with Church-School activities, relationships and challenges
• Action-oriented and motivated to improve success of the School
Knowledge and skills
• Organisational management
- continuous improvement
- transformational change
• Performance management and coaching of senior staff
• Executive decision-making and influencing
• Analytical thinking and problem solving
• 20 years in senior management in industry (Director then Vice President level)
• Leadership of complex and diverse organisations
• Driving results oriented and high performing culture.
• Management of senior talent and personal development
• Responsibility for large departments characterised by hundreds of staff and multi million pound budgets.